Companies can claim R&D Tax Credits for their revenue expenditure on:
- Employing staff directly and actively engaged in carrying out R&D
- Paying a staff provider for staff provided to the company who are directly and actively engaged in carrying out R&D
- Consumable or transformable materials used directly in carrying out R&D
The benefits of R&D Tax Credits
The R&D tax scheme works by allowing SME companies to deduct 225%, or 130% for large companies (>500 employees), of qualifying expenditure on R&D activities. SMEs that have been in a loss situation are allowed the alternative of a cash payment of up to 24.5% of the eligible R&D investment.
Our added value
Every year PNO serves more than 1000 clients to obtain tax credits, with a value of more than 500 million Euros of tax credits obtained over the last 10 years in multiple European countries. Other reasons to use PNO are:
- PNO bring the right combination of technical and tax expertise to the project
- An effective and proven methodology that embodies our expertise and experience
- We maintain a strong relationship with HMRC on your behalf
- Transfer the knowledge of the process to your staff
- Substantially easing the burden on your technical and financial staff
- Often we can increase the value of the claims compared to previous claims.