The main programme criteria are:
• Consortium leader is an R&D performing SME from a Eurostars country which includes the UK
• Eurostars R&D performing SMEs contribution is 50% or more of the total project cost (subcontracting costs excluded)
• The consortium is well balanced (no single participant or country is responsible for more than 75%)
• The project duration is up to 3 years
• Market introduction is within 2 years of the project’s completion
• Any topic can be considered (with the exception of military projects)
In the UK, only research-performing SME's are eligible for funding under Eurostars. Academics/universities and large companies are welcome to participate in a Eurostars project, but must fund their own participation or use funds from other sources. Up to 60% of eligible costs will be supported to a maximum grant level of €360,000 per UK partner in a Eurostars project.
In addition to the qualification of project ideas and support in the application development phase, through our pan European network, PNO can also help in the identification of potential project partners.
EUREKA Eurostars factsheet